Fundraising Manager - Permanent Full-time - Mulgrave School
Mulgrave is one of Canada's leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the North Shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation.
This position reports to the Deputy Director of Philanthropy and is an integral member of the wider Development team at Mulgrave. The successful candidate is a dynamic, confident fundraiser, dedicated to quickly building strong relationships with the Mulgrave community and raising philanthropic support for our school. As an experienced major gifts fundraiser/relationship builder, s/he is responsible for a variety of fundraising activities and works with all members of the Development team to successfully implement the team's goals and objectives.
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, as well as opportunities for professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- Professional and career development/training opportunities
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal day
- Employee assistance program
- Dress Casual days during school breaks
- Plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues during our various social events throughout the year
- Complimentary coffee & tea
- Fitness / weight room & trainer
- Chair massages
Duties and Responsibilities:
Including but not limited to the following:
- Work with the Deputy Director of Philanthropy to develop and implement customized strategies and plans to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of major giving donors and prospects (25-50 annually) at the major gift level (defined as $20,000+).
- Develop proposals to generate financial support for priority projects.
- Responsible for coordinating and attending face-to-face prospect or donor meetings, with the expectation to reach a benchmark of 50-75 meetings per year.
- Generate donor/prospect solicitation materials and correspondence.
- Ensure that appropriate donor recognition, acknowledgement and stewardship programs are in place.
- Ensure donor information is documented in addition to creating and producing queries in Raiser's Edge.
- Work closely with school leaders so that they can support the identification, cultivation, and stewardship of major donors.
Education /Work Experience:
- Strong fundraising background and proven experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is preferred.
- Understanding of the fundraising profession with knowledge of the independent school sector an advantage
- An understanding of prospective donor behaviour, the local philanthropy environment, and fundraising cycles.
- Ability to cultivate and steward a wide variety of donors.
- Demonstrated donor database experience, preferably with Raiser's Edge.
- Thorough understanding of Canada Revenue Agency regulations regarding charities and donations.
- CFRE accreditation preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of building and maintaining authentic, mission-centred relationships with donors.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Meticulous record-keeping and organizational skills.
- A team player with an attitude of service beyond duty.
- Goal-oriented, with proven success in results-based fundraising.
- Ability to commit to evening meetings and events as required.
- Endorse the school's mission and vision statement.
How To Apply
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and detailed job description.
Resumes should be submitted through https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/ by December 6, 2019. Given the location of the school, applicants must provide their own transportation.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.