Specialist, Community Giving - Rick Hansen Foundation
SPECIALIST, COMMUNITY GIVING
Business Unit: Marketing Communications
Reports to: Director, Marketing
Term: Full time, Ongoing
Location: RHF Office in Richmond, BC
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating a fully inclusive and accessible world where people with disabilities are living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
The Specialist, Community Giving assists with planning and implementing the strategic, creative and tactical initiatives for successful fundraising and donor cycle outcomes for the Community Giving program. Working closely with the Director, Marketing, this position helps build and maintain the RHF donor base, grow revenue, and integrate awareness and engagement to support annual donor identification, renewal, acquisition and referral of donors to Major Gifts.
The Specialist, Community Giving works collaboratively across business units on initiatives related to fundraising and public/donor engagement that ultimately support the goals of raising awareness to create impact and grow the public supporter/donor base and revenue. This position currently supervises a part-time Coordinator responsible for donation tax receipting.
This position reports to the Director, Marketing and collaborates on strategies, tactics and synergies that maximize revenue and build community awareness. This position also liaises with program and department teams.
- Works with the Director, Marketing and VP Resource Development on the growth of the Community Giving program;
- Implements activities outlined in strategic and fiscal plans for maximum revenue and donor growth. Focuses on prospecting, fundraising, engagement, lifetime value of donors/supporters, and ROI;
- Works closely with Director, Marketing, and the Marketing Communications team to design and test strategies and tactics through multiple channels to grow revenue with existing donor/supporter base and identify prospective supporters;
- Implements fundraising and engagement activities including: direct mail, email and online appeals/campaigns for donor revenue and prospecting; stewardship activities such as newsletters and impact reports; advertisements; engagement activities such as quizzes, surveys, and polls; community fundraisers; public engagement campaigns; and social media conversions;
- Supports donor and community fundraising events when required;
- Manages volunteers when required;
- Responsible for donation entry and donation tax receipting;
- Responsible for data maintenance and list pulls for direct mailings;
- Main point of contact for donor services phone and email;
- Provides results and analysis reports for campaigns and initiatives;
- Works with Director, Marketing on reporting, including results and analysis for board reports and annual internal program report;
- Manages bequests and planned gifts.
- Provides reports and does donation reconciliation for Finance as required
- Works with Director, Marketing and Finance on creating annual budgets and projections; and
- Performs other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
Education: Post-secondary degree/diploma in a relevant discipline, including courses in Fundraising Management, Business Administration/Commerce, Marketing and/or Communications.
Certification/Designations: CFRE designation an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience including:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in annual giving/community fundraising with multi-channel, integrated campaigns (or 5+ years of experience with direct marketing for profit companies that includes charities/non-profits);
- Minimum 5 years of experience in donor or client services;
- Project management experience working on multiple concurrent projects with cross-functional teams;
- Computer experience required including with MS Office and Salesforce (MailChimp is an asset);
- Experience with email marketing strategy and execution;
- Experience writing engaging copy for various donor engagement communications;
- Thorough understanding of donor and market segmentation and its applications;
- Knowledge of CRA guidelines; knowledge of CASL and other regulations; and
- Knowledge of issues related to people with disabilities is an asset.
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong team relationships and work well with members across disciplines;
- Proven skill with proactively finding efficiencies, identifying issues and bringing forward ideas and solutions to increase revenue and better service for donors;
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and adaptability;
- Strict adherence to maintaining confidentiality and privacy; and
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered.
How To Apply
RHF is a dynamic, challenging and rewarding place to work; our success begins with our people.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve and highly encourage qualified candidates with disabilities to apply. If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply quoting competition #2018-34 by January 20, 2019. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on the Rick Hansen Foundation, please visit our website at www.rickhansen.com