Philanthropy Advisor, Transformational Gifts - World Vision Canada
Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.
The Philanthropy Advisor, Transformational Gifts is responsible for cultivating and growing the customer base in the $10K-100K mark. The role supports senior leadership in opportunity management for donors whose gifts exceed $100K+. It is a role that is attractive to individuals driven to become a leader in the fundraising community. The Philanthropy Advisor, Transformational Gifts will report to the National Manager, Transformational Gifts, and will be an integral part of the Vision Partners team.
- Executes the strategy for the Transformational Gift team, including building comprehensive donor plans that cover acquisition, stewardship, and cultivation.
- Grows donors’ contributions by building deep and meaningful relationships; understanding a customers’ place in their spiritual journey, their affinity with World Vision, issues they care about, and capacity to give.
- Communicates effectively and meaningfully to donors through emails, letters, proposals, reports, stewardship updates; ensures communications adhere to brand guidelines.
- Builds a solid understanding of donors and applies it to donor plans (through research and working with the Prospecting team).
- Uses customer data and insights to help build plans for customer engagement and asks.
- Proactively works with Brand & Creative Solutions to build donor proposals; presents the proposals to donors.
- Proactively manages relationships through face to face, telephone, and email contact; providing an individualized experience.
- Works closely with select senior leadership team members to develop the strategy and support with execution around specific individual $100K+ donor cultivation.
- Pursues and cultivates prospects for major donors proactively through attending events, leveraging social networks, and identifying influencers.
- Actively works with PR & Communications to develop a presence in the community and speak at events (such as the AFP, CAGB), conferences, and webinars.
- Creatively identifies and shares knowledge on prospecting potential customers.
- Actively owns and cultivates a portfolio of customers and through various channels as defined by the Transformational customer journey with the goal of growing income (and engagement).
- Achieves KPIs and adjust actions based on metrics.
- Ensures prospected donors are stewarded by the appropriate philanthropy team to reach overall philanthropic targets.
- Incorporates planned giving references in discussions with donors when appropriate.
- Applies knowledge of CRA and compliance requirements for financial products into planned giving discussions.
- Engages donors through trips to the field (work with WVC Travel Coordinators) and event invitations.
- Uses CRM to analyze and input data from transformational gift donors.
- Works with Legal and/or Finance to ensure timely and accurate processing of gifts, tax receipts, and reporting (where required).
- Continually improves and develops self and team in the transformational gift space (major gift fundraising).
- Ignites passion for philanthropy inside and outside of WVC.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of fundraising experience in a customer-centric organization.
- Achieved, or working towards achievement of, the CFRE designation.
- Extremely strong relationship building and business development skills.
- A demonstrated passion for major gift fundraising; eager to learn and expand skill-set.
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales (or fundraising) performance metrics.
- Skilled in public speaking; able to engage a diverse audience.
- A skilled communicator for business case development (donor proposals).
- Expertise in using CRM systems.
- Participate in events outside the regular workday as required, including evenings and weekends.
How To Apply
World Vision is committed to the protection of children; all offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check. Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application via our careers website.
Preference will be given to applicants residing in Western Canada.
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.