7:00am to 7:30am – Breakfast and networking
7:30am to 8:45am – Welcome and presentation
8:45am to 9:00am – Q&A
This presentation is designed to uncover the challenges that face the planned giving community in Canada. This presentation will outline both the internal and external barriers that many nonprofits are facing on a daily basis. For example, internal pressures such as a lack of board support or a short term focus. External pressures can be such things as the level of competition and media scrutiny. This presentation will also discuss the evolving donor base for planned giving, specifically how the “boomers” are impacting the community. This presentation will provide valuable feedback as to what donors are responding to in the market and outline key opportunities for planned giving professionals to engage with their target audience to secure a gift for their organization. By the end of the presentation, nonprofits will have a better idea of the challenges they are facing and be given the opportunity to develop a comprehensive planned giving strategy with the presenter.
Over 87 hours of research was compiled to answer the following questions…
- What are the 10 Challenges to Planned Giving (and major giving) success?
- How to Compete With the Financial Institutions That Are Siphoning Away Gifts?
- How the Baby Boomer Generation has Massively Redefined Planned Giving
We will teach the exact actions that will allow an organization to reap the rewards of their donor relationships
- How Donor Education and Marketing have given way to a new paradigm
- How to penetrate Donor Communication Barriers with ease
- PLUS learn why traditional donor marketing guarantees failure with the most potent donor population in history
- Why Traditional Donor Approaches are providing Predictable Diminishing Returns
- The Three Significant Obstacles that could devastate your financial future
- How to quickly and powerfully differentiate your charity
- How to have Affluent Donors want to meet with you
- What is the media telling your donors and how is it changing the way that they view you?
- What is the One Message that will get every donor’s attention?
- How do I find the middle-class millionaire donor-next-door… and why is it critical?
- What planned giving tools are the most effective… and why?
- What are boards unknowingly doing to sabotage planned giving efforts?
Brad has authored the book, “No Shortcuts: Ideas for Focused Results in a Distracted World.” Brad puts into practice his strong belief in giving back and making a difference by acting as a lead sponsor and champion assisting Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Fraser Valley to raise in excess of half a million dollars over the last decade. He is a former board member of the Abbotsford Airport Authority and the current board chair of his local church. Brad is also a founding member of the Abbotsford Estate Planning Council and is currently a member of the Canadian Association of Gift Planners. Brad is passionate about redirecting every possible dollar of “social capital” (also known as tax dollars) to the organizations that work towards creating a better community, both locally and globally. As a result of his expertise, Brad has helped his audiences redirect over $3 million to the non-profit sector.
In his spare time Brad is involved as an assistant volleyball coach in the PacWest B.C. College League and enjoys a number of sports himself, with a special love for golf and hockey. Brad and his wife, Donna, are blessed in having their adult children, Steve and Alicia, and their respective families living nearby which enables them to enjoy ongoing rich family time together.
For 30 years Brad Willems has assisted families in implementing tax and financial strategies that maximize their inheritances and philanthropic intentions. He is a sought-after speaker, financial educator and author, having appeared on Global TV and PBS where he has discussed a variety of topics, including planning initiatives available to families and business owners.
This education session is worth 2 points towards CFRE accreditation or re-certification.
Early Bird Cost (Register by March 28, 2018)
Member Early Bird - $40.00 + GST = $42.00
Non-Member Early Bird - $55.00 + GST = $57.75
Cost (after March 28, 2018)
Member - $45.00 + GST = $47.25
Non-Member - $60.00 + GST = $63.00
Please note Refund / Cancellation Policy:
- All cancellations 3 weeks prior or greater = $10 or 10% processing fee (whichever is greater)
- All cancellations between 2 weeks prior to 48 hours prior = $10 or 50% processing fee (whichever is greater)
- All cancellations within 48 hours prior = zero refund